Do something worthwhile
- You can appreciate the feeling of being healthy, not just physically but also mentally.
- You get to feel like you are doing something that is appreciated by individuals and what you do genuinely brings a smile to people's faces (including your own)
- You have a balance between work and home; you get to be career focused but also importantly, get to appreciate time with either friends or family and simple things like fresh air and blue skies.
- You feel a sense of connection. This has been a very lonely point for many and it only reinforces the idea that you need to be grateful for the bonds and connections you can make with friends, family, pets, clients or whoever you encounter.
- You end your day feeling satisfied. Satisfied that you have a purpose and are proud of yourself and what you do.
If you can answer yes to all of these questions, right now, you'll be a hero in the NHS or you'll be king of the sofa, knowing that when it's possible to be back in work, you're doing something that makes you happy.
If you can't answer yes to all of these questions then now is the time to look at what future you want for yourself. Do you want to be your own boss? Do you want to design your own career? Do you want to work the hours you choose?
Making changes can be a challenge but being able to do something that's worthwhile and gives you the life that makes you spring out of bed each morning is a change worth making. When do you want your happy future to begin?