Salary £15,500 - £17,500 DOE
Due to our continued success we are expanding our operations in Hertfordshire and we have 3 exciting teaching vacancies.
Do you think you could inspire others? Would you like to develop your own abilities and raise industry standards? We are looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic person to join our education department and teach Pet Styling units in accordance with Level 2 and 3 City & Guilds specifications.
You will possess a minimum Level 3 Dog Grooming qualification and have knowledge and experience within this Sector. Ideally you should possess a Certificate in Education or equivalent, although we can support your development, as long as the quality of your work and willingness to improve is high. You will also need a good all round standard of education including English and Mathematics at GCSE grade A-C or equivalent.
You will have the ability to work as an individual, possess excellent communication skills and the ability to motivate students. You will need to have strong administration skills and IT skills and importantly be part of a positive dynamic team.
- Assist the day to day delivery of practically based learning activities and assessment within subject area according to an agreed timetable.
- To comply fully with Quality systems, maintaining standards and ensuring the continued improvement of activities through monitoring retention and achievement.
- To maintain a professional working environment in your personal practice and also in the appearance of salon. This includes being a role model for those that are going through the learning process.
- Deliver and aid assessment of practically based learning activities and provide individual student support in the subjects according to the students’ previous experience and qualifications and under the guidance of the Styling Director and Education Manager.
- Salary will be on the scale of circa £15,500 - £17,500 dependent on experience.
- The successful applicant may participate in the Teachers’ Pension Scheme. The Academy will assume this is the case unless an opt-out form is completed.
- Annual leave entitlement will be 28 days inclusive of all bank holidays.
- Excellent continual professional development opportunities.
- Entry to national and international competitions.