Salary £19,250 - £24,000 DOE
Due to our continued success we are expanding our operations in Hertfordshire and we have 3 exciting teaching vacancies.
Do you think you could inspire others? Would you like to develop your own abilities and raise industry standards? We are looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic person to join our education department to teach Pet Styling units in accordance with Level 2 and 3 City & Guilds specifications.
You could be currently working in a salon and would like to move into a more secure and reliable, long-term career choice. Teaching is a thoroughly rewarding and respected career choice for those who work at a professional academy.
You will have a minimum Level 3 Dog Grooming qualification and have great working knowledge within this sector. It will be a distinct advantage if you possess a Certificate in Education or equivalent and Assessor/ Verifier qualifications, however full training would be given to the right candidate. You will also have a good all round standard of education including English and Mathematics at GCSE grade A-C or equivalent. You’ll also have at least 3 years experience of working within a grooming salon finishing the majority of poplar breeds to a high professional standard.
You will have the ability to work as an individual, possess excellent communication skills and can show how to motivate students. You will need to have solid administration skills and IT skills.
- Undertake the day to day delivery of practically based learning activities and assessment within subject area according to an agreed timetable.
- To comply fully with Quality systems, maintaining standards and ensuring the continued improvement of activities through monitoring retention and achievement, (where appropriate) and participating in review and self-assessment activities and sharing good practice.
- Plan, deliver and assess practically based learning activities and provide individual student support in the subjects according to the students’ previous experience and qualifications.
- Salary will be on the scale of circa £19,250 - £24,000 dependent on experience.
- The successful applicant may participate in the Teachers’ Pension Scheme. The Academy will assume this is the case unless an opt-out form is completed.
- Annual leave entitlement will be 28 days inclusive of all bank holidays.
- Excellent continual professional development opportunities
- Entry to national and international competitions